Find the answers to these questions below:
- I'm a corporate member of CaGBC nationally, doesn't that mean I'm a Chapter member too?
- When I buy my membership, is it valid for one year of the date of purchase?
- I am a CaGBC National member, how do I find out my membership number?
- If I cancel my Chapter membership, will I receive a refund?
- Can I receive the Chapter Newsletter without being a paid member?
- What payment methods can be used to pay for the Chapter membership fees?
- Does the Chapter pro-rate membership fees?
- How do I find out if my company is a CaGBC member?
- How much is the Chapter membership fee?
- What types of volunteer opportunities are there with the Chapter?
- How can I retrieve my login and/or password?
- I am a member of another Chapter in Canada, can I transfer my membership to the Greater Toronto Chapter?
- What are Emerging Green Builders? Do they receive the same benefits as regular Chapter members?
- What is the difference between being a member of CaGBC and a member of the Greater Toronto Chapter?
- I am a member of the Greater Toronto Chapter and my company is interested in becoming a corporate member, how can I get more information about it?
- Can I use the Chapter logo in advertising for my business?
A: No. National and Chapter memberships are separate. There are a few distinctions: National is for corporations and Chapter membership is for individuals. Chapter membership is regionally focussed and made up of professionals working in the region. We offer a discount on Chapter memberships to all national members. Being a member of the Chapter gets you plugged into the largest network of green building professionals in the country and gives you notification and access to many Chapter events and programs throughout the year. You can learn more about Chapter membership here: Chapter Member Benefits
A: No, the membership fee is only valid until December 31 of the year it was purchased for 1 year membership, or December 31 of the following year for the 2 year membership.
A: No, Chapter memberships are non-refundable
A: Yes, you can subscribe our free newsletter here.
A: We currently accept Paypal, credit card or cheque. If paying by cheque, please make it payable to:
Greater Toronto Chapter of the Canada Green Building Council
207 Queen's Quay West, Suite 615
Toronto, ON – M5J1A7
A: No, because we are a small organization, we do not have the resources to pro-rate membership fees
A: To check out membership fees, please click here
A: There are many opportunities to volunteer with the Chapter! You can join one of our committees, you can volunteer at our Chapter meetings or LEED workshops, helping with registration and set up. Volunteering at events or at the Chapter booth at partner events would allow you to attend those events for free. Please note that you must be a Chapter Member in good standing to be a volunteer, and many opportunities do not get posted on our website as they are e-mailed directly to the members. You may check out posted volunteer opportunities by clicking here.
A: To retrieve your login and/or password, please click here
12. I am a member of another Chapter in Canada, can I transfer my membership to the Greater Toronto Chapter?
A: Emerging Green Builders (EGBs) are the future of the green building development industry. If you are a student, or a new professional within 5 years of graduation or 30 years of age or younger you are eligible for membership as an EGB. All eligible EGBs receive the same benefits as regular Chapter members for a discounted price.
14. What is the difference between being a member of CaGBC and a member of the Greater Toronto Chapter?
A: The CaGBC membership is only for companies/ organizations. Individuals can only be members of local Chapters.
To register, please click here and select regular membership if you do not work for a company that is a member of CaGBC, or select regular membership for CaGBC member if you work for a company that is a CaGBC member. Also, if you are a new professional within 5 years of graduation or 30 years of age or younger, you can select the emerging green builders membership.
15. I am a member of the Greater Toronto Chapter and my company is interested in becoming a corporate member, how do I get more information?
A: As an individual Chapter member, you are permitted to use the Greater Toronto Chapter logo on your personal business card and emails as you like. The Chapter membership is for one individual and not transferable. If you are also interested in corporate membership in the CaGBC, which allows you use of the CaGBC logo in advertising and the like, please click here.