Breakfast Seminar: Sustainability 101
- Tue April 16, 2019, 8:00 am - 10:00 am
- Education (Chapter)
Breakfast Seminar: Sustainability 101 - What Sustainability Means for Canada’s Real Estate Leaders
Date: Tuesday, April 16th 2019
Time: 8:00 A.M. - 10:00 A.M. EST (Sign-in begins at 7:30 A.M.)
Venue: Dentons Toronto - Suite 500 (FMC Rooms), 77 King Street West, Toronto, ON M5K 0A1
Please note that this event is SOLD OUT. We unfortuantely will not be accepting walk-in registration.
Most leading commercial real estate owners, managers and developers have a sustainability strategy. To best deliver value, real estate professionals increasingly need to identify and address the environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities that affect financial performance in both the short and long term.
This panel discussion will feature a conversation between some of the people who are setting the agenda for sustainability in Canadian real estate. Attendees will receive a strong overview of sustainability for commercial real estate professionals, including:
• How to evaluate sustainability risk, opportunity, and progress at the entity level (e.g., GRESB, UN Principles for Responsible Investment)
• How best to engage with green building certifications (e.g., LEED, BOMA BEST) including when they should be pursued in new developments and income-producing properties
• How to engage employees, investors, tenants and others in your sustainability plans and initiatives (e.g., sustainability reports, social media) to create a positive impact
• How greenhouse gas emissions and renewable energy figure into sustainability plans
• How to adapt to the changing political landscape
• What leaders are considering now that will likely be commonplace within 5 years
7:30 to 8:00 AM - Breakfast
8:00 to 9:15 AM - Panel Discussion and Q&A
9:15 to 10:00 AM - Networking
If you are a member of NAIOP Greater Toronto Chapter you can register by creating a CaGBC account and using the discount code that was provided to you via Toronto NAIOP communications. If you can’t locate this code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.