THINK GREEN BE CREATIVE WIN BIG
The Greater Toronto Chapter of the Emerging Green Professionals (EGPs) is proud to host the annual enviroSCULPT Award, a contest for students and young professionals (within 5 years of graduation) which aims to promote awareness of the importance of diverting materials from the waste stream. The purpose of this competition is to change waste material into beautiful art that is creative and fun. Students will not only benefit from the experience of this competition, but are also eligible for large prizes and networking opportunities. The finalists are awarded at our annual Canada Green Building Council - Greater Toronto Chapter Gala and Awards Program, where their works are also displayed.
Stay tuned for the 2017 enviroSCULPT Award theme. Applicants should design their sculptures with the theme in mind and will be asked to explain their pieces in the written component of their submission. This theme may be applied in conjunction with other concepts such as sustainable building technology, utilities, sustainable planning (communities) etc. We look forward to seeing how applicants incorporate the idea of connectivity into their art work.
CRITERIA FOR enviroSCULPT AWARDS
- Contest is open to students or young professionals within 5 years of graduation or under 30 years of age.
- Up to 2 individuals per team with at least one being an EGP member, find more information about becoming an EGP member by clicking here.
- Create a sculpture made from materials that would otherwise be going in recycling bins or landfill. No new materials or new electricity allowed!
- The maximum size for the complete sculpture is 7’H x 3’W x 4’D.
- You are responsible for transport and assembly of your sculpture. It must fit through a standard commercial door (approx. 3’-0”W x 7’-0”H). You will be required to bring your sculpture to the judging location and if it is not selected to move on to the CaGBC Greater Toronto Chapter Gala you will be required to remove it from the judging location. If your sculpture is selected to move on to the CaGBC Greater Toronto Chapter Gala, you will be required to transport your sculpture to the CaGBC Greater Toronto Chapter Gala.
- Non-toxic adhesives are permitted.
- Spray paint and spray adhesives are not permitted.
- You are required to write a short statement about your piece that includes concept, materials used and any other environmental considerations that were made while creating your sculpture. Please submit a digital copy of your write-up along with a photo of your creation, and bring a hard copy with you on the judging day – you will need to present this to the judges prior to judging.
- Any entries that do not comply with the rules will be disqualified and will not be eligible for prizes.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR enviroSCULPT AWARD:
Stay tuned for more information on 2017 enviroSCULPT Awards! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Emerging Green Professionals Sponsor
Congratulations to the 2016 enviroSCULPT Finalists!
First Place: Security Blanket
Jacqueline Galang & Hugo Lim
($1000.00 cash prize)
Second Place: Apple of my Eye
($500.00 cash prize)
Third Place: Food Swamp
Nazima Qureshi & Michelle Jaelin
($350.00 cash prize)
To see past enviroSCULPT Award Finalists click the links below!