Who are the Emerging Green Professionals?
Our mission is to support the CaGBC’s mission of facilitating market transformation by supporting the professional development of students and young professionals in the sector, mainly through educational programs, career development opportunities, and networking events.
EGP executive committee is an official committee of the CaGBC-GTC with full representation on the board. The committee is lead by two co-chairs and eight executive members. We have 100 associate members which makes up about 30 percent of the Chapter membership. Emerging Green Professionals are seen as the future of the Chapter and therefore enjoy the benefits of regular chapter members at a discounted annual rate.
Click here to watch a short introductory video on the EGP committee.
2018 EGP Events:
|March 1, 2018||
On March 1, 2018, the Emerging Green Professionals hosted a Speaker Series featuring two speakers who shared insights and experiences on design and building solutions that boost the “green” characteristics of building through two in-depth case studies. Thiswas a great opportunity for participants to learn how passive design and climate engineering strategies are applied to reduce the impact buildings have on the natural environment while improving conditions for occupants.
|May 23rd, 2018||EGP Mentor Mixer Event||
This popular event came back for another year! Industry up-and-comers had the opportunity to meet and interact with some of Toronto’s biggest movers and shakers in the Green Building Industry. Leaders in Construction, Architecture, Energy, Finance and more came out to meet with industry up-and-comers to share their stories and advice for career development. Participants were placed into small groups, and had the opportunity to sit down with each of the leaders for 15-20min conversations.
|September 21st-22nd, 2018||EGP Design Charrette||
Interdisciplinary teams of 4-5 were given one day to design and pitch their plan for creating a sustainable urban neighbourhood in a community in Scarborough. Teams worked on a plan to meet carbon emissions, waste, and wastewater reduction targets through innovative design and an effective community engagement strategy, and were given 5-minutes at the end to pitch their design ideas to a panel of expert judges. Winning teams received great prizes, including complimentary tickets to CaGBC Greater Toronto Chapter's fall Gala and Awards Dinner!
|TBD||Young Sustainability Professionals Speaker Panel||
The “Young Sustainability Professionals Speaker Panel” features 5 young professionals currently working in the sustainability sector who have successfully navigated their way into their respective positions at reputable companies in the field. This event is aimed at helping students, new graduates and emerging professionals in the sustainability sector discover effective ways of building their personal career brand, networking, getting their foot in the door, and most importantly, successfully establishing and advancing their careers in the sector.
Want to learn more about EGP's past events? Click here.
- Employees of national member companies will receive the same benefits (Specialist or Advocate) extended to their employer plus these Chapter Member benefits. Click here for an outline of Chapter benefits.
- Discounts on Chapter events and programming
- Voting privileges at the EGP level
If you are a student, or a new professional within five years of graduation or 30 years of age or younger you are eligible for membership as an EGP.
To become an EGP member of the Greater Toronto Chapter, follow these steps:
- Create your profile and select EGP under member options.
Immediately send proof of age or student status (a copy of either a valid Provincial Driver’s License or Student Card) to the Greater Toronto Chapter office, attn: "EGP Membership Application"
- email (preferred): GreaterTorontoChapter@cagbc.org
- mail: 207 Queen’s Quay West, Suite 615, Toronto Ontario M5J 1A7
- Once we receive your proof of eligibility, we will authorize your account and you will receive email confirmation from us that your EGP status has been approved.
NOTE: If you are an employee of a national member company, you are entitled to a free Chapter membership. Be sure your profile is linked to your employer and your complimentary membership will be activated.
Our committee is made up entirely of dedicated volunteers and we rely strongly on sponsors to help subsidize the cost of materials, marketing, venue rental and modest refreshments at our events.
- Recognition as EGP Event Sponsor on event website, e-newsletter, email correspondence, and other marketing collateral, with links to sponsor homepage where applicable
- Logo on signage displayed at event
- Verbal acknowledgement by event organizers at event
- In addition, sponsors would also get the unique opportunity to connect with bright young industry leaders, and promote your company to potential new hires
If you are interested in being an official EGP sponsor or would like to learn more about sponsorship benefits, please contact us at GreaterTorontoChapter@cagbc.org.