Attention Sustainability Consultants, Managers and Administrators, you are invited to join CaGBC- Greater Toronto Chapter for the second LEED Experts Roundtable on Updates to LEED v4.1 BD+C.
Moderator Mark Hutchinson, VP of CaGBC Green Building Programs will be joined by Brandy Burdeniuk, Chief Customer Officer of GBCI Canada for this free CaGBC Members event open to all LEED practitioners.
LEED v4.1 BD+C is an important re-alignment with market expectations and capabilities. It recognizes the growing importance of addressing carbon pollution, while providing new options and thresholds to ensure that requirements are more broadly achievable. You will have the opportunity to engage in an open discussion with CaGBC representatives and your professional peers on the industry’s ongoing efforts to refine how we assess green building design to support the GTHA in driving necessary greenhouse gas emissions reductions.
Monday 25 February 2019
3:30pm – 5:00pm
Toronto City Hall, Committee Room 4 – 100 Queen St. West, Toronto
Please feel free to circulate this to your team members.
Please RSVP HERE
Join us for updates on changes to LEED v4.1 for new construction including:
• Greater flexibility in the integrative process that looks at performance through a more balanced lens and analysis of new interdisciplinary measures around social equity and public health
• New credit options providing versatility around location and transportation considerations for specific project-types including the support of electric vehicle infrastructure
• Greater accessibility of Sustainable Sites requirements including site assessments more relevant to international project teams
• Updates to indoor water use reduction and process water requirements that are more relevant and achievable for projects including the use of alternative recycled water to meet demand
• The introduction of two energy performance metrics: cost and greenhouse gas emissions, and a new reference standard as well as recognition for the role of buildings in supporting grid-scale de-carbonization through new technologies
• Greater emphasis on embodied carbon reductions through building reuse, salvage, whole building LCA and EPDs
The LEED Experts Roundtable is an open forum for LEED Consultants, Managers and Administrators to discuss specific topics related to LEED implementation and professional practice. It is an opportunity for peer-learning between LEED experts and engagement with CaGBC technical program staff on issues related to program and tool design, credit strategies and process improvements.