Joining the Canada Green Building Council is easy!
- If you are a current Chapter member and an employee of a CaGBC national member company, your membership will automatically renew at the end of your term for FREE.
- If you are an employee of a CaGBC national member company, please make sure your CaGBC profile is linked to your employer to activate your free membership.
- If you are not an employee of a CaGBC national member company, you can join for $100 per year. Young professionals can join for just $35 - Learn more about benefits of becoming Chapter member.
Membership with the Chapter is for individuals only. Companies wishing to join as a Green Building Specialist or Advocate member of the CaGBC should contact our national office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit this page for national membership details.
There are many ways to support the Chapter and the CaGBC. To explore sponsorship opportunities, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Membership for Individuals is through the local Chapters.
- “CaGBC Greater Toronto Chapter Members” are individuals who have paid annual dues to the Greater Toronto Chapter.
- Membership for Companies is at the national level through the CaGBC National Office.
- “CaGBC National Members” are company members who have paid dues to the national CaGBC office.
- National membership dues vary according to the type of membership (Advocate or Specialist) and the size of your company.
- Employees of National member companies are automatically entitled to FREE membership, and are encouraged to get engaged and sign up as members of their regional Chapter.
- Individual Chapter members can contribute to the Chapter by assisting our Board, Staff and Committees in developing and delivering more programming, training, events and resources to our members and support the growth of green building sector in Southern Ontario.
Chapter Membership Rates
Regular Membership Fees
|Regular Chapter Membership||$100.00 +HST|
|Emerging Green Professional (EGP)||$35.00 +HST|
|Employee of National Member Company||FREE|
New Integrated Membership Structure
As part of CaGBC's plan for a new integrated membership structure, all employees of a National member company (either a Green Building Specialist or Green Building Advocate) will be entitled to a FREE Chapter membership with the Canadian Chapter of their choice*. This became effective on January 1, 2016 following the approval of CaGBC's bylaws by members in November 2015.
We currently accept Master Card & Visa payments online.
About our Members
Our reach extends to over 3,500 Green Building Professionals in Southern Ontario, and we host over one-third of the nation's Emerging Green Professionals (youth, students and young professionals), with over 200 members. Our members consist of those from all facets of the Green Building sector, including:
Architects, Engineers, Builders, Renovators, Landscapers, General Contractors, Product Manufacturers, Planners, Public servants, Building Owners, Property Managers, Consultants, Non-profit Professionals, Subcontractors & Technical Experts, Students and Young Professionals.
We are proud that our Chapter members are involved in virtually every green building project in Ontario, and represent hundreds of companies throughout the Southern Ontario region.